Here are 5 Things of interest to Encinitas residents:
- Weidners Gardens' Summer Sale will begin at 9 a.m. Aug. 17. and will end labor day. They are located at 695 Normandy Road, Encinitas.
- Friday will be partly cloudy with a high of 78, weather.com reports.
- The California Surf Museum, 312 Pier View Way, Oceanside has stocked up on hats from Lost Soul Designs and will soon have t-shirts from the company that are made in the USA.
- Camp Pendleton will train with explosives from 6 a.m. to midnight Friday. Booms may be heard up to 50 miles away.
- The North County-based Tsunami Skydivers of Oceanside will have $250 tandem jumps Aug. 29 to Sept. 2, it announced on Facebook.
If you have suggestions for a "5 Things" item, please email it to email@example.com for consideration.