Here are 5 Things of interest to Encinitas residents:
- Local musician Darius Degher has released a video of "Leucadia Love Song," which accompanies this article and features local scenes. He will play from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 24 at Gold Coast Plaza as part of LeucadiART Walk. Read more about the event.
- Thursday will be partly cloudy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon with a high of 79, weather.com reports.
- The Old Mission San Luis Rey hosts its 30th annual Heritage Ball at 6 p.m. Saturday. The event features food, music and a fireworks show. Proceeds will benefit preservation of the mission. 4050 Mission Ave., Oceanside.
- The New Play Cafe will begin staging new 10-minute science fiction plays penned by San Diego writers. Event starts at 7:30 p.m. at Big Kitchen, 3003 Grape St., San Diego.
- Camp Pendleton will train with explosives from 6 a.m. to midnight Friday. Booms may be heard up to 50 miles away.