MiraCosta College has developed and launched an interactive “virtual tour” website and mobile application that affords prospective students and others around the world the opportunity to learn about the college, its classes, buildings and classrooms, and “meet” current students and graduates via self-guided tours.
"Now with the touch of a finger or a click of a mouse, future students from anywhere in the world can experience the beauty, innovation, diversity and accessibility of MiraCosta College," says Cheryl Broom, interim director of marketing and communications. "MiraCosta College strives to engage both our present and future students, and the new virtual tour--both the mobile and web versions--provides an interactive and innovative experience that showcases the excellence of our institution."
This new technology has enabled the college to develop an individualized tour with many features, including:
- Vast amounts of information about the college’s Oceanside Campus and the San Elijo Campus in Cardiff, as well as a photo tour of the Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside.
- Availability as an app for iPhones and Androids, and on the college’s website at www.miracosta.edu/virtualtour.
- Interactive and printable campus maps that include a combination of text, photos and videos as well as 3D interior, exterior and aerial views.
- Student-narrated videos for select buildings and landmarks to help navigate the campus.
- GPS capability for campus visitors, allowing them to locate themselves on the campus through their smart phone’s GPS.
- Pull-down menus that detail the function of campus buildings, links to request information, and to enroll and register.
- Access to a list of departments, allowing you to visit their websites or social media sites.
Using your mobile device, you can find MiraCosta College’s mobile application by searching for “MiraCosta College” via Apple’s App Store (for the iPhone) or via Google Play for Android devices. The virtual tour is also available on the college’s website at www.miracosta.edu/virtualtour.
For more information, contact Cheryl Broom at email@example.com or call 760-795-6612.
Taken from a MiraCosta College press release.