It’s the last weekend of January and there’s no reason why to stay cooped up inside.
North County will have a variety of events that will get you movin’, laughin’, and out of the door!
Take a free surf class, learn about Chinese culture, laugh out loud at a comedy show, and more.
Click on the links for more info.
- What's Up: If you haven't checked out Wellness Week, this is your last chance! Friday events include free yoga classes, music, infant massage and more. Saturday will have a free surfing clinic and a roundtrip bike ride from downtown Encinitas to Cardiff State Beach.
- When: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 25 and 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26.
- Where: Check out a list of locations here.
- What's Up: Laugh out loud while learning something new. Tim Lee will hit the stage with a comedy show blended with science and laughter.
- When: 8 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 25 and Saturday, Jan. 26.
- Where: Carlsbad Village Theatre, 2822 State St, Carlsbad.
- Price: $20 Friday night or $25 Saturday night.
- What's Up: Kids of all ages (and in spirit) are invited to run a mile through Legoland California. Runners will receive a t-shirt, refreshments, fun activities, entertainment and more.
- When: 8 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26.
- Where: LEGOLAND California, 1 Legoland Dr, Carlsbad.
- Price: $25 for Kids 12 and under AND (1) Parent/Guardian or $25 Adult or Child Age 13 & over.
- What's Up: Chinese New Year is right around the corner. Professor Aubrey Kuan Roderick will discuss the tradition of Chinese storytelling
- When: 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26.
- Where: Oceanside Public Library, 330 N Coast Hwy, Oceanside.
- Price: Free.
- What's Up: Teen Scene will feature local teen bands, filmmakers and artists. Teens ages 13 to 19 will showcase their talents and compete for opportunites and prizes.
- When: 4 to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26.
- Where: Calavera Community Park, 2997 Glasgow Dr, Carlsbad.
- Price: $5 pre-sale price or $8 at the door.
- What's Up: Catch the arrival of San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve and Nature Center feathered friends. Family fun filled day will have ace painting, bird-themed crafts, interactive displays and more!
- When: 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26 and Sunday, Jan. 27.
- Where: San Elijo Lagoon Nature Center, 2710 Manchester Ave, Cardiff By the Sea.
- Price: Free.