Imagine if San Diego’s population of 1.3 million people was taken over by a zombie apocalypse, leaving just you and a few others in human form. Would you survive the ultimate zombie domination?
If not, the good news is that REI Encinitas, near the border of Carlsbad, is here to help. The store is hosting "Zombie Preparedness: Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse" on Oct. 30 at 6:30 p.m.
The bad news is zombies can take over at any time, anywhere.
REI has a step-by-step survival guide and list of essential equipment needed.
If zombies were to have a hostile take over, here are a few items that can be easily found in any home:
- Flashlight: Helpful for looking in dark places. Also used as distraction. Shine the flashlight straight into a zombie’s eyes, then run.
- Trail/running shoes: Speed and good shoes will be your only friend.
- Cast iron skillet: Used more than just for cooking, a skillet can be a weapon. Stop a zombie in its tracks by swinging straight towards the forehead.
- Deck of cards: To keep you and other survivors entertained with a game of go fish or solitaire if you’re the only survivor.’
- Pocket mirror: Flag down rescue teams in helicopters using the sun’s reflection.
A full essential list is available here. Just like an earthquake pack, a zombie emergency pack can be just as vital for survival.
There are only 45 seats available. Don’t get left behind, register for a spot online.
Any questions, visit rei.com/stores/san-diego.