Have a love affair with food? Then the is where you'll want to be seen this weekend.
About one thousand locals from Encinitas and beyond will be visiting Pacific Station to celebrate all things delicious at the first annual Encinitas Foodie Fest this Saturday. The free event will showcase some of North County's best foods and local chefs.
The six local celebrity chefs featured at this event will give presentations and demos that will result in taste samples and free foodie lessons for all who watch. Chef presentations include:
- 10-10:45 a.m. Manga Italiano! with John Gonzales of Bottaro Wood Fired Pizza
- 11:15 a.m.-noon Crustaceans Meet Creole with Jason Gethin of Union Kitchen & Tap
- 12:30-1:15 p.m. French Gone Wild! with Kaitlin Ramos of St. Germain's Bistro & Cafe
- 1:45-2:30 p.m. California Modern with Kurt Metzger of Kitchen 4140
- 3-3:45 p.m. Spanish Splendor with Bernard Guillas of The Marine Room
- 4:15-5 p.m. Mediterranean Magic with Dennis Horton of Whole Foods Market
This edible event is hosted by Wabisabi Green and is intended to elevate public awareness about sustainable foods and products while promoting local chefs, the arts, business and the Coastal Community Foundation's Healthy Day Fund. An "art to table" auction will be held to help raise funds for Healthy Day.
Live musical entertainment by artists like Josh Petroni and Duchess will accompany the foodie fun and Zumba instructors will be on hand to spread the Zumba fever.
The food-tastic day will be held at Pacific Station in Encinitas on June 23 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. You can look at the schedule online to plan out your day and see a list of vendors who will be at the event. This event is free (you can RSVP here) and open to the community, so come out with empty stomachsand eager attitudes.