It's the go-to market for all your essentials: produce, baked goods and wine (yes, wine is an essential). Now, the family-owned business tells Patch the skinny. Here's our Q&A with owner John Najjar.
1. Why did you choose Encinitas to open your business?
In 1985, we were presented with the opportunity—so we took it.
2. What are some of the current challenges you face as a business owner?
Regulation, taxes, competition
3. What distinguishes your business from others in the same industry?
We are local, family-owned and operated gourmet grocery store—we truly care about the community. We strive for high quality products and have a great staff.
4. What's the best business advice you've been given?
The only insurance for making it in business is "hard work."
5. What changes, if any, would you like to see in the local business community?
Support locally-owned to keep the money in the community.