Chef Kari Rich of Food Farm Truck will soon showcase her talent at St. Germain’s Café & Bistro in downtown Encinitas.
For the month of May the restaurant will feature a dinner menu she crafted as part of its Lady Chef series.
Rich is known for her using local, sustainable and organic ingredients and she pulls influence from French, Mediterranean, Asian and South American cuisines. You can view that complete menu here below, which includes a handful of vegan options, too.
St. Germain’s Café & Bistro: Kari Rich Lady Chef menu (May 1-31)
- Parmesan & Herb Fries: fry sauce, $5
- Vegetable Tart: tomato, parmesan, arugula pesto, broccoli, beets, zucchini, $8
- Tuna Poke: winner of 2010 & 2011 Poke Festival, basil, jalapeno, ginger, soy, $9
- Curried vegetable soup: coconut milk based, bell pepper, onion, and seasonal vegetables, $6
- Mussel Cioppino: chicken broth, white wine, garlic, parsley, thyme, dill, lemon, tomato, croutons, $8
- Avocado Caesar: bacon croutons, parmesan, $8
- Roasted beet: tarragon, arugula, candied nuts, goat cheese, balsamic vinaigrette, $8
- Smoked Octopus: spring mix, pickled vegetables, lemon, $10
- Market: the freshest seasonal vegetables served in a light citrus vinaigrette, $8
- Kimchi Chicken in Bibb (2ea) with brown rice, cilantro-lime sauce, scallion, $14
- Grass-fed Beef Sliders: caramelized onions, whole grain mustard, arugula, creamy blue cheese, toasted sweet bun, bacon, side of parm fries, $14 (3ea)
- Spring Gratin: squash, parmesan, peppers, tomato, arugula pesto, side salad, $13
- Blackened Cod: Cajun Style, roasted potatoes & vegetable medley $15
- Quinoa Cakes: vegan ‘cheese’ sauce, pesto, pickled tomatoes, side salad, $13
- Grilled Flank Steak Bowl: brown rice, chimichurri sauce, roasted vegetables, $17
- Bacon Roasted Salmon: zucchini, rustic herb potatoes, Balsamic-mustard sauce, $20
- Chilled Coconut Rice: vegan, gluten & dairy free, $5
- Dark Chocolate & Banana Fritters: vanilla ice cream, cinnamon powdered sugar, $6
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Boudino: deep chocolate, Italian-style bread and custard, $6