It’s true: TEDx is returning to Encinitas! Building on
last year’s wildly successful TEDxVillageGate, here is another full day of
life-altering inspiration from change makers with “ideas worth spreading”
-- don’t miss it!
Registration is now open and tickets are limited! Seetedxencinitas.com.
“Just Jump In!"
TEDxEncinitas -- a licensed, independently organized
TED event -- is being organized by Village Gate Children’s Academy,
an innovative Montessori school for children grades K-8 in Encinitas,
north of San Diego.
The theme of TEDxEncinitas is “Just Jump In!” In
a world that is moving fast, it's vitally important to be courageous, take risks and jump in! We recognize that “jumping in” looks different for
everyone. That anything that has ever made a positive impact on our
world happened because someone was willing to take action. Jumping in may
lead to success or mistakes, or simply to a next step — in any case, it starts
with action. So this event, at its core, is a Call to Action.
WHEN: March 15, 2014 -- 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: Seaside Center for Spiritual Living,
1613 Lake Drive, Encinitas, CA 92024
SPEAKERS: Include revolutionaries such as:
- Steve Wampler, founder of the Wampler Foundation for children with disabilities and first person with cerebral palsy to climb Yosemite’s El Capitan.
- Danielle Gletow, founder of One Simple Wish and 2013 Top Ten CNN Hero
- Alex Kajitani, 2009 California Teacher of the Year
- Linda Bounds, artist, educator and 2013 KPBS Local Hero
- Sue Vicory, non-profit filmmaker of Heartland Films
- Nancy Hughes, 2013 CNN Hero and White House Rotary Champion of Change
Inspiring youth speakers with “ideas worth spreading”
that we all need to hear!
MORE INFO: tedxencinitas.com