Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door
At the event there will be:
- local vendors
- swag bags for the first 100 in the door,
- silent auction. We have received some really awesome items from a 1yr youth membership to the Y to a gorgeous pearl & gold necklace valued at over $650.
- 2hrs of zumba taught by local zumba instructors
- Tickets on line at https://www.wepay.com/events/zumbathon-for-the-avielle-foundation
- Facebook event page - featuring vendors, donors and event news.
With tragedies like Columbine, Sandy Hook Elementary and now the latest movie theater and school shootings in Nevada violent behavior in our schools and communities is rising.
With a mission to help raise awareness for the need for brain health research into the "why and what leads to" violent behavior along with needed prevention programs in our communities, The Goal of the Zumbathon for The Avielle Foundation is to help raise much-needed funds for the Avielle Foundation to distribute to community programs and brain health research grants program.
The Avielle Foundation was formed in honor of Avielle Richman, a taken too soon victim of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shootings.
Parents of Avielle, Jeremy and Jennifer Richman former San Diego residents with deep ties in the medical research community as well as family in the area formed the foundation in honor of their daughter Avielle and others who suffered loss due to violence.
All too often those who are prone to these acts of violence slip through the cracks until its too late.
With more proactive out reach, early diagnosis of mental illness we can take proactive steps to stop the senseless violence.
Zumbathon for the Avielle Foundation is spear headed by former Richman's co-worker and friend Dianne Yuskin a PHD researcher & zumba instructor.