It’s summertime and the city’s bustling. Our local dining scene is no exception either. Here’s a rundown of what’s new in town, or about to open-up shop:
- Encinitas Wine Merchants and Wine Bar recently opened its doors at 166 N. El Camino Real, in the The business used to operate as a wine retailer down the street, but the owners have expanded operations in the new space to include a wine bar—which offers appetizers and more than 20 wines by the glass. There’s also happy hour from 4 to 6 p.m., with select wines for $5 to $6 per glass.
- Just across the parking lot from Encinitas Wine Merchants and Wine Bar, is under construction. According to owner Glenn Murdock, it’s slated to open this fall. The $1 million project will be about 3,100-square-feet and include a double lane drive through, which you can preview via the video attached to this story. Murdock has also launched a website to give the community updates about the new Chick-fil-A, cfaencinitas.com.
- Though the opening of Native Foods Café spokeswoman Andrea McGinty confirms that the vegan eatery is indeed coming to Encinitas. The restaurant should open this fall, McGinty said. It will be off El Camino Real in the , next door to Ralphs grocery store.
- Also, in case you missed it, Patch recently reported that Leucadia will soon become home to two new bakeries on Coast Highway 101: , which prides itself on “old-fashioned” recipes free of preservatives—and , which caters to vegans and people with food allergies. Both of those should be open by the end of summer. Leucadia also has , though that won’t be open until the fall.
- If you’re looking for a few new places to try, and all opened in Encinitas within the past month and Patch has scoped each one out for you (just click the link for more info). Or, if you’re in the mood for something off the beaten path, consider dining at . As explains, some of our city’s best food is hidden there in plain sight. Get the scoop
Do you have the scoop on another restaurant coming to Encinitas? Email editor Marlena Medford at email@example.com.