If you’re doing a little spring cleaning and sprucing, here’s a rundown of a few ‘green’ happenings to help:
Saturday, April 14
- EDCO and the city of Encinitas are teaming up for a free paper-shredding and electronic waste collection event for Encinitas residents and business. You can bring up to two bankers boxes. The event will be from 9 am to 1pm at Encinitas City Hall, 505 S. Vulcan Avenue. For more information call (760) 436-4151 or see City of Encinitas website.
- The Pep Boys at 256 N. El Camino Real are is offering a free used oil filter exchange for Encinitas residents. Residents are eligible to receive up to 5 free filters in exchange. This event will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and it is coordinated by the Solana Center for Environmental Innovation.
- You can by shopping at JIMBO’s from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday. Five percent of sales during that time will go toward creating an organic mini-farm on the school campus. Shoppers will also get a five percent discount, and they can elect to donate those savings to the effort, too.
- Also, don’t forget that Ecke Ranch is hosting . That event is happening from noon to 4 p.m., but you can buy a $25 pass that will get you early access.
Sunday, April 15
- At 10 a.m. there will be a donation-based yoga class at Carpentier Parkway in Cardiff by the Sea. Half of the donations will benefit the Cardiff Botanical Society, which helps to maintain the water-wise garden. Class will take place on the brick patio in the middle of the park, and if it is raining, class will be canceled. Everyone should bring a yoga mat and arrive a few minutes early to set up. There will also be a second benefit yoga class on Wednesday, April 18 at 6 p.m.