Tuesday Encinitas residents are invited to join thousands of other communities across the US for the 29th annual National Night Out, an event that aims to promote crime-free neighborhoods and community spirit.
The will be participating with a series of activities from noon to 3 p.m. in front of the During that time, there will be several activities, inlcuding:
- free fingerprinting for children
- free disposal of any unwanted prescription drugs
- displays from with information about crime prevention, ID theft, local neighborhood watch groups, fire prevention, and personal safety
- displays from the sheriff’s bomb and arson unit, search and rescue, and off-road enforcement team,
- face painting and raffle prizes for kids
- fire trucks and patrol cars on display for kids to explore
- free drinks and refreshments for everyone
National Night Out is sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch and is held in all 50 states. More than 37 million people are expected to participate this year, according to event organizers.
For more information about events in Encinitas, call (760) 966‐3587.