sheriff’s deputies based in Encinitas were among a group of law enforcement officers from around the county that were recognized Wednesday for taking drunken drivers off the streets.
Deputy David Toner of Encinitas made 195 DUI arrests, up from the 187 he made in 2010, and was honored by Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
Other deputies recognized Wednesday at the reception held at the Town and Country Hotel in Mission Valley:
- Deputy Aaron Montan, Encinitas Station, made 123 arrests.
- Deputy Felix Santiesteban, Lemon Grove Station, made 85 arrests.
- Deputy Agustin Rosas, San Marcos Station, made 51 arrests.
- Deputy Laura Shands, Santee Station, 66 arrests.
- Deputy Kenneth Werner – Vista Station, 72 arrests.