Built in 1885 in Olivenhain, the Teten House was a schoolhouse for children of early settlers. It's since been relocated to the San Dieguito Heritage Museum located on Quail Gardens Drive in Encinitas.
Supervisor Dave Roberts presented a $15,000 Neighborhood Reinvestment Program check to members of the San Dieguito Heritage Museum. Thanks in part to the grant from Roberts’ Third District fund, the historic house will get top-to-bottom refurbishing and will open to the public.
The heritage museum and displays artifacts from Encinitas, Del Mar and Solana Beach.
Information taken from Supervisor Dave Roberts press release