Encinitas Union School District begins the New Year by spotlighting their efforts to support comprehensive student health with a weeklong celebration. EUSD Wellness Week will take place January 25th through the 31st. Strategically planned to coincide with the fourth annual Encinitas 101 Main Street Association’s Wellness Week, EUSD will participate in its kick-off event, along with City and County officials, held at the Encinitas City Library from 11:00-3:00 on January 25th. In addition to introducing many of their wellness programs, EUSD will present three demonstrations of its notable kids’ yoga program at 11:30, 1:30 and 2:30 in the Community Room. Kids are also encouraged to stop by EUSD’s booth during the event to create a healthy smoothie recipe.
Other events taking place during EUSD’s Wellness Week include:
· Eat-a-Rainbow Salad Bars. New and colorful fruits and vegetables will be featured on the salad bar throughout the week. Students will be encouraged to match their clothing to the color of the highlighted food items.
· Wellness Trackers. All students will be provided with food journals and physical activity logs to track their healthy choices during the week.
· District-wide Healthy Smoothie Recipe Contest. Child Nutrition Services will provide the winners with a smoothie party for their classroom. Smoothie must include at least one vegetable, have a catchy name and be delicious.
· Solace and the Moonlight Lounge. A special EUSD-grown menu at Solace restaurant will feature organic produce grown in the many school gardens.
Please visit http://www.encinitas101.com/events/wellness-week/ for event details and updates regarding a special Live Well, San Diego presentation taking place at the Library on January 25th.
The Encinitas Union School District serves the City of Encinitas and the La Costa area of Carlsbad in North San Diego County. Approximately 5,600 students in Kindergarten through 6th grade are enrolled in the District’s nine schools.
Healthy Day Partners is a non-profit organization working to bring green initiatives, garden education and wellness programs to local schools and the community.
– Healthy Day Partners press release