If you want to help our local kids, dust off those golf clubs.
The Encinitas Education Foundation and Twin Oaks Golf Course have joined forces to organize a golf tournament Aug. 8, which will benefit the nine schools in the Encinitas Union School District.
State budget cuts to public education are making enrichment programs, like art and music, a luxury that many schools can’t afford. Increasing class sizes due to staff cutbacks are also becoming increasingly common. The money raised from this golf tournament will help our local schools cope with both of those challenges throughout the coming year.
If you’d like to help by signing up to play golf or sponsor a hole, here’s the rundown:
- What: 2012 EEF Support Our Schools Golf Tournament, Best Ball Scramble Golf
- When: Aug. 8 at 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Twin Oaks Golf Course, 1425 N. Twin Oaks Valley, San Marcos
- Cost: $150 per person or $250 to sponsor a hole—All donations are tax deductible
- Registration: Call (760) 697-1330, email email@example.com or sign up online.
The Encinitas Educational Foundation (EEF) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) raising funds through tax-deductible donations to benefit all of the elementary schools in the Encinitas Union School District: Capri, El Camino Creek, Flora Vista, La Costa Heights, Mission Estancia, Ocean Knoll, Olivenhain Pioneer, Park Dale Lane and Paul Ecke Central (Tax ID # is 33-0178719). For more information visit encinitaseducationalfoundation.org.