Each weekend, both Saturday and Sunday through June, there will be free hands-on experiences that highlight a certain era of San Dieguito history.
The Museum's exhibits will be open during the activity times with docents to guide you through the fascinating history of San Dieguito.
These activities will change monthly. The historic eras and corresponding activities may include:
• Native American period: rock painting and acorn grinding,
• Rancho Period: adobe brick making, cattle roping and soap making
• Pioneer Days: butter making, washboard clothes washing and quilt making
• Flower Growing period: seed planting, plant identification and plant dyeing
• Surfing and concern for ocean ecology: balsa mini-surfboard shaping, kelp cookie making and ocean awareness experiences.