Ah, summer is finally here and it’s shaping up to be a beauty. This is primetime for getting outdoors—and just in case you need another excuse to leave your house: There’s a free festival rolling into Leucadia this week, and it will help raise money for one of our local schools.
Friday afternoon will mark the start of , a two-day festival that celebrates "surfy music", and helps raise money for the school
Summer Fun on the 101 is chockfull of, well, fun. Below is a rundown of some of the highlights.
Friday, June 29
- At , American Bear and the Spanish Moss will play live at 5:30 pm.
- Over at the Red Fox Tailsand Mattson 2 will perform at 6:30 pm.
- The music will continue at with Thieves of the American Dream at 7 p.m., then Glen & the Boys at 7:45 pm and Inspired & the Sleep at 8 pm.
Saturday, June 30
- Saturday morning there will be live music from 10 to 11 a.m. at courtesy of Julie Cowley and Megan Combs.
- Eco-Rooted is hosting a beach clean up at 11:30 a.m. at . If you’d like to pitch-in, just show up with your gloves and bucket.
- Saturday there will also be all-day music and entertainment at . Local surf guitar greats Superwave, legendary skateboarder and guitar ace Ray Barbee (who will join Mattson 2) and a surf film by Ray Orate. There will also be a beer garden featuring Firestone Brews—and raffle prizes, including a surfboard from. And if you have kids in tow, Eco Kids Art will have a booth at the park with plenty of art activities to keep them busy.
- The Saturday concerts at Roadside Park are scheduled as follows:
Summer Fun on the 101 takes place June 29 and 30. See the attached flier for a more detailed schedule, or visit summerfunonthe101.com.