Every Tuesday Encinitas Patch spotlights one easy way you can give time, energy, or donations to make a difference in our community.
This week, consider volunteering for Red Shoe Day, an annual fundraiser for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego, which provides food, lodging and emotional support to the families of critically ill or injured children being treated at local hospitals.
On Wednesday, Sept. 28, from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. volunteers will post up at intersections across Encinitas in hopes of filling those iconic giant red clown shoes with cash donations — all of which goes back to the charity.
Volunteers are encouraged to have fun during their service by wearing crazy costumes and making noise. If you’re interested in helping, you can signup online. Volunteers are needed for the following Encinitas locations:
- Encinitas Boulevard and Coast Highway 101
- Encinitas Boulevard and El Camino Real
- Encinitas Boulevard and Saxony Road
- Leucadia Boulevard and Garden View Road
- Leucadia Boulevard and North Coast Highway 101
- Leucadia Boulevard/Olivenhain Road and North El Camino Real